cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

accessing an Excel column from Flow

I need to access the column so I can find the max value.

This does not seem a difficult thing to do, after all the column is already a list/array so, accessing the column from within a max() method would return the maximum value in the array. Excellent! 

So, how does one access an Excel column from Flow?

Here's a hint, not like this:

outputs('List_rows_present_in_Log')?['Data-ID'])

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BenDonahue 

i have created a value column(which has value 12,13,14) in excel and it type is string so i am converting into Int in Apply to each. In array variable 'Max' i am appending all values in variable and later used max() expression.

Hardesh15_0-1599056185780.png

Hardesh15_1-1599056234962.png

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@BenDonahue 

Do you want to fetch column value from excel? is this your problem?

Thanks

Hardesh

@Hardesh15 ,

In this use case, I am trying to access the max value in Data-ID column. My strat is to get the column as an array and use 'max()' expression.

What I am trying to do is create a unique ID for each entry. Starting with a blank column, with pre-filled data in other columns, I want to grab the maximum value for Data-ID from the Log table, add 1 to it, and use that number in the first row, then add one to each subsequent row until all rows that have data are filled with a unique Data-ID.

@BenDonahue 

i have created a value column(which has value 12,13,14) in excel and it type is string so i am converting into Int in Apply to each. In array variable 'Max' i am appending all values in variable and later used max() expression.

Hardesh15_0-1599056185780.png

Hardesh15_1-1599056234962.png

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

It seems strange that we humans have to create an array from what is essentially an array.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,966)