cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

action in condition checking for empty value doesn´t get executed

Hi all,

I´m trying to build a flow that compares a table within Excel with a SharePoint list and adds missing entries to the SharePoint list.

To do so I get all entries from Excel and check for every entry via the title whether the entry is existing in the SharePoint list. The result is empty or the title. A condition checks this value and shall create a new entry when the result is empty. Unfortunately, it doesn´t work like expected.

When the result is empty the actions don´t get executed. Only when the value isn´t empty, actions get executed.

As the condition I use "current item equals null" but also tried other conditions like "length of current item equals 0" or "empty (current item) equals true".

In the execution history I get no error but can see the hint “not specified” for the condition of items where the result is empty.

Do you have any idea, what I´m doing wrong?

Thanks

Christopher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChriBusc1 ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

You should create the flow as below:

1.png

length(body('Filter_array'))

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChriBusc1 ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

You should create the flow as below:

1.png

length(body('Filter_array'))

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @v-alzhan-msft,

thank you very much, now it works like it´s supposed to.

Instead of using "Filter array" I used the filter option within "Get items" and placed "Get items" within "Apply to each". Seems like this was the mistake.

Best regards,

Christopher

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,485)