cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

add rows to a dataset power bi - Bad request

Trying to build a sentiment flow to create a dataset in power bi. When I test my flow everything works until the i get to the end in power bi. 

Error message : Error parsing request for dataset sobe_wowvirtualserver|5b66dc79-33b2-4bce-bbb1-04cebfea23c9: Conversion error on column '<pi>RetweetCount</pi>': <pi>Input string was not in a correct format.</pi>

I take this as "retweetcount" is sent in wrong format or power bi expect it in another format. 

However as i check the streaming flow in power bi it is set as a "number" (only text, number and date available as format choices) so it should not be a problem.

Later I found out that if I turn the "historical data analysis" switch off, then the flow will run without problems. 

But I would like to get historical data and I do not know how to fix that.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: add rows to a dataset power bi - Bad request

Hi @alle,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

When the "Historical data analysis" option is disabled, it would create a streaming dataset, if the "Historical data analysis" option is enabled, it would create a streaming dataset and a push dataset. The functionality of this option is equivalent to using the Power BI REST APIs to create a dataset with its defaultMode set to pushStreaming.

More details about the "Historical data analysis" option of a streaming dataset, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming#using-power-bi-rest-apis-to-pu...

In addition, please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/push-rows-to-a-power-bi-streaming-dataset-without-writing-a...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: add rows to a dataset power bi - Bad request

Hi Kris, thank you for the links. They were informative.

I want to use the setting "historical data setting", and i couldn´t fix it yet.

Screenshots:

Flow error.PNGFlow PB error.PNG

The full error message = 

{
  "error": {
    "code""InvalidRequest",
    "message""Error parsing request for dataset sobe_wowvirtualserver|5b66dc79-33b2-4bce-bbb1-04cebfea23c9: Conversion error on column '<pi>Retweet Count</pi>': <pi>Input string was not in a correct format.</pi>"
  }
}

Power BI API settings:

Power BI apirsettings.PNG

The problem seems to be the column "Retweet count", dont understand why, since I set it as a number

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,604)