cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

addHours to Form response Date

I have a Holiday Request Flow which the user fills out a Form > Admin Approve via Email > it then adds event to a Group Calendar but if the user only requests 1 day off I get the error below:

"Your request can't be completed. The duration of an event marked as All day must be at least 24 hours.

I think its creating the event for liek 00:01 to 23:59 or something along them lines so (I think) I need to add an hour or a few minutes onto the Form EndDate so its over 24 hours. However I cant work out how to link Dynamic Content + Expression like addHour(1). I cant find a way to get the code for the Form EndDate box to add into the expression.

Any pointers appreciated, screen below of the flow part that I'm struggling with:Annotation 2020-08-04 162942.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @newpauser 

If you are creating an all day event, then you can ignore the end date.

Just make sure you have entered Yes in the Is All Day under the Advanced options.

In the Start time field, enter the expression "formatDateTime(<your start date column>,'yyyy-MM-dd')" - this will give you the date at midnight.

In the End time field, enter the expression "formatDateTime(addDays(<your start date column>,1),'yyyy-MM-dd')" - this will give you the next date at midnight.

The above works for me 🙂

Edited: If the event is for more than one day, then the last expression in the End time field must use <your end date column> instead of the <your start date column>!

Note that the reason that I am using formatDateTime is due to an All Day event must provide a Start time/End time that is at midnight, so I am just cutting off the time to do that 🙂

Kind regards, John

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newpauser

Does your issue still exists?

You should refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

addHours(outputs('Compose'),1)

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @newpauser 

In your End Time:

In your expression addHours()

You want to do this:

addHours(<Your Dynamic Content>,1)

so in very simple terms,

Type your expression,

Click the dynamic tab,

Select your dynamic content with the End Time,

At the end of the expression put a comma ,

Than the amount of hours 1

Click OK

Jcook_0-1596564937522.png

Jcook_1-1596565036917.pngJcook_2-1596565058622.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

See if you can use following functions AddToTime, SubtractFromTime...

PrasadAthalye_0-1596565302930.png

Super User II
Super User II

Hello @newpauser 

If you are creating an all day event, then you can ignore the end date.

Just make sure you have entered Yes in the Is All Day under the Advanced options.

In the Start time field, enter the expression "formatDateTime(<your start date column>,'yyyy-MM-dd')" - this will give you the date at midnight.

In the End time field, enter the expression "formatDateTime(addDays(<your start date column>,1),'yyyy-MM-dd')" - this will give you the next date at midnight.

The above works for me 🙂

Edited: If the event is for more than one day, then the last expression in the End time field must use <your end date column> instead of the <your start date column>!

Note that the reason that I am using formatDateTime is due to an All Day event must provide a Start time/End time that is at midnight, so I am just cutting off the time to do that 🙂

Kind regards, John

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newpauser

Does your issue still exists?

You should refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

addHours(outputs('Compose'),1)

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

thanks this worked as you mentioned with the edit part as I needed it to be either 1 full day or multiple.

Thanks everyone else who took the time to comment aswell!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,899)