cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfly69
Frequent Visitor

api data

Hi,

I hope someone can help please.  Many thanks in advance.

What I want to be able to do is to make an API call to retrieve data, filter this data and then update a row in excel with it.

I am able to make the API call and retrieve the data with Parse Json. 

But I am not sure how to handle the data which is several hundred rows to update the table in excel.  I've tried a number of different ways following some other posts but am unable to make it work.  I think I need to initialize a variable and do a apply for each loop but both of these parts I dont really understand...

The error I receive is:

The variable 'alerts' of type 'Array' cannot be initialized or updated with value of type 'Object'. The variable 'alerts' only supports values of types 'Array'.

2 REPLIES 2
vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Superfly69 ,

You can make use of the Parse JSON action to parse the output of the API call.

vikulkar_0-1624232216106.png

There are many useful links available online on how to use this action and how to retrieve the output.

One link you might find helpful is: http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/6/a-thesis-on-the-parse-json-action-in-microsoft-flow

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas K

Superfly69
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Vikas.

Yes I am using Parse Json and have reviewed the link.

My flow is running now but when it gets to the last step which is to update a row in excel all of the inputs are null...

Any idea why ?

https://ibb.co/9hQdSCW

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,740)