cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jja
Level: Powered On

apply for each cant view in which state is flow running

Hi

I have a multi approval flow and ofcourse flow automaticaly adds apply for each. I have the issue that when my flow reaches second approver this approver has 3 actions and it is inside apply for each loop. When flow is running in this state i cant see where it has stopped for example if action chosen approve it has a condition and if condition is met the request is forwarded to another approver and i cant see the situation of flow. Did i build it wrong? i tried to build my switch condition outside apply for each but then it does not see my approval details

approval.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: apply for each cant view in which state is flow running

Hi @jja,

During the Flow is executing the Apply to each action, we can not get the details of the each branch until all of the branches are finished.

Annotation 2019-09-06 133511.png

If you want to know when flow is running in this state which branch is approved or rejected, you can create a Send notification after the approval action, for example:Annotation 2019-09-06 134638.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jja,

During the Flow is executing the Apply to each action, we can not get the details of the each branch until all of the branches are finished.

Annotation 2019-09-06 133511.png

If you want to know when flow is running in this state which branch is approved or rejected, you can create a Send notification after the approval action, for example:Annotation 2019-09-06 134638.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jja

Well that is sad... Maybe there is a way i can avoid apply to each statement?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @jja,

If you don't have many approvers, you can consider creating a separate parallel branch for each approval, but this will make your Flow look clunky, and there is no better way to do it.

Best Regards,

jja

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Is there example on what you are talking about.

My approval flow is based on approvers levels. it is like if 1st approver approves then i start another approval and if second approves i start third approval.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jja,

The parallel branch could create multiple branches and then you can create multiple level approval, then you can check which step stoped on each branch. Annotation 2019-09-06 162410.png

Best Regards,

jja

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Is it true that in your example start and wait for an approval and start and wait for an approval 2 will trigger at the same time?

If yes that will not solve my problem. I need them to be in sequence

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jja,

They will be triggered at the same time.

You need them to be in sequence means:

level 1 userA approval -> start level 2 approval B(at the same time start level 1 user C)

Is your structure like that?

Best Regards,

jja

Hi @v-litu-msft 

My logic as folows:

start approval 1--> if approved start approval2-->If approved--> condition--> if yes-->start approval 3

As i told i have already made it but in case i need to check which approver delays my allmosts all flow is under start approval2 in apply for each section and i cant debug

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jja,

OK, I think you can get the status at the CDS entity named Approval Response, then you can get the information about the approval including Response, Status, etc :

Annotation 2019-09-06 172127.png

Step1:

Annotation 2019-09-06 171445.pngStep 2:Annotation 2019-09-06 171822.png

Step 3:Annotation 2019-09-06 171348.png

Best Regards,

jja

Hi @v-litu-msft 

ok i will test it how it looks

Thanks for all you suggestions!

jja

Hi @v-litu-msft 

I can see only my personal requests and it is in very hard readable format. 

You can not determine which flow is that etc...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jja,

If you are familiar with SharePoint, you can create a SharePoint List to store the email address. You can deposit your Approvers in SharePoint list according to your need, and add a column named Response to mark to the status of approver response.

If you build your approval process as follows, it might simplify your approval process.

Step1: Get items off the Approver List.Untitled picture.png

Step2: Create action Start and wait for approval, and append the ApproverEmail.

-If the approver response to the approves request, update the item set the Response as Yes.

Untitled picture2.png

Step3: Since your approver's number are multiple, and they're approved at the same time. you could set the action of Apply to each by clicking the Settings and set the Concurrency Control as On and turn up the Degree of Parallelism to 6(for example). So, the 6 approve requests could send at the same time.Untitled picture3.png

Untitled picture4.png

I hope it can help you. If you still have questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jja,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

jja

Hi @v-litu-msft 

I accepted sollution that during while apply for each is running you cant know where the flow has stopped

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,653)