cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

assign manager "dynamically"

The Assign Manager action for Azure Ad lets me assign a person as a manager for a user. But is it possible to make this more "dynamic" - I mean, if the manager leaves the organization, each Flow needs to be re-configured manually, and it would be nice to have this updated automatically.

The two options I've come up with are:

1. add the manager to an Azure security group, and assign the group as the manager in the Flow - this will not work, I guess?
  2. create a list with an person picker field and a "User Id" field, create a second Flow that fetches the Id of the manager and updates the item in "User Id" column; then tell the "Assign manager Flow" to fetch the "User Id" into the "Manager" field.

Are there any better solutions?

Namnlös.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: assign manager "dynamically"

hi @MrtnM  what you can do is create a sharepoint list with the emails of your admins then create 2 flows, the first one when a item is created so you can add the property admin and the second one when a file is deleted the you can convert to a normal user.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hello,

You could create a list in SharePoint and have the flow go into that list and grab the email.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

hi @MrtnM  what you can do is create a sharepoint list with the emails of your admins then create 2 flows, the first one when a item is created so you can add the property admin and the second one when a file is deleted the you can convert to a normal user.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,197)