cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrtnM Helper V
Helper V

assign manager "dynamically"

The Assign Manager action for Azure Ad lets me assign a person as a manager for a user. But is it possible to make this more "dynamic" - I mean, if the manager leaves the organization, each Flow needs to be re-configured manually, and it would be nice to have this updated automatically.

The two options I've come up with are:

1. add the manager to an Azure security group, and assign the group as the manager in the Flow - this will not work, I guess?
  2. create a list with an person picker field and a "User Id" field, create a second Flow that fetches the Id of the manager and updates the item in "User Id" column; then tell the "Assign manager Flow" to fetch the "User Id" into the "Manager" field.

Are there any better solutions?

Namnlös.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: assign manager "dynamically"

hi @MrtnM  what you can do is create a sharepoint list with the emails of your admins then create 2 flows, the first one when a item is created so you can add the property admin and the second one when a file is deleted the you can convert to a normal user.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hello,

You could create a list in SharePoint and have the flow go into that list and grab the email.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

hi @MrtnM  what you can do is create a sharepoint list with the emails of your admins then create 2 flows, the first one when a item is created so you can add the property admin and the second one when a file is deleted the you can convert to a normal user.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,162)