cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

assign manager "dynamically"

The Assign Manager action for Azure Ad lets me assign a person as a manager for a user. But is it possible to make this more "dynamic" - I mean, if the manager leaves the organization, each Flow needs to be re-configured manually, and it would be nice to have this updated automatically.

The two options I've come up with are:

1. add the manager to an Azure security group, and assign the group as the manager in the Flow - this will not work, I guess?
  2. create a list with an person picker field and a "User Id" field, create a second Flow that fetches the Id of the manager and updates the item in "User Id" column; then tell the "Assign manager Flow" to fetch the "User Id" into the "Manager" field.

Are there any better solutions?

Namnlös.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

hi @MrtnM  what you can do is create a sharepoint list with the emails of your admins then create 2 flows, the first one when a item is created so you can add the property admin and the second one when a file is deleted the you can convert to a normal user.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hello,

You could create a list in SharePoint and have the flow go into that list and grab the email.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Super User II
Super User II

hi @MrtnM  what you can do is create a sharepoint list with the emails of your admins then create 2 flows, the first one when a item is created so you can add the property admin and the second one when a file is deleted the you can convert to a normal user.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,344)