cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanwang
Level: Powered On

attachment filter not working

Can someone explain to me how the attachment filter works? In the flow below, I created a flow wich should be triggered when someone sent a mail from a shared mailbox with no attachment, however, later in the same flow, I created a action which will transfer attatchment name (from the same sent mail) to a sharepoint list.

Strange though, when I sent mail from the shared mailbox with attachment, the Flow succeeded. Why the flow is triggered in the first place since I have set has attachment as No, include attachment as No?

trigger flow.PNG

update query.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: attachment filter not working

Hi @jeanwang ,

Please try this expression.

98.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeanwang ,

"No" here means that Flow will trigger regardless of whether the received email contains an attachment.

The hint in Has Attachment is "Should the email contain attachments.", so if you set it to No, there is no requirement for containing attachments. The flow will fire whether or not an attachment is included.

If you don't set it or the default is No, the effect is the same.

Besides, if you want to save the attachment content, you need to set the Include Attachment to Yes.

Hope it makes senses.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jeanwang
Level: Powered On

Thank you very much for the prompt explanation. It makes sense to me. One more question, is there a way to add a condition formula based on wether the email contains attachment. In my flow, i want to add a condition like

if the mail contains attachment, transfer data a, b, c to sharepoint list,

if the mail contains no attachment, transfer data e, f, g to sharepoint list

I know it's possible to work around this by setting up the attachment filter in the trigger part, but that means I need to create two flows to handle the condition.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeanwang ,

Please try this expression.

98.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,564)