Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrleetyler
Resolver II
Resolver II

attachment great than 5mb missing on email for approval

hi all,

I have an approval and have got attachments connecting to it fine, however if the attachments are greater than 5mb they store to the Approval but do not come through on the email.

attachment i'm pushing through is about 6mb as i'm just testing at the moment (all being pushed via Sharepoint)

System email limit is 50mb and the same attachments works fine via the "Send Email V2" so it's not that

I have increased the maximium file size for attachments in admin.powerplatform to 50mb and it's still not working. (used this link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4577387/power-automate-approval-attachment-limitations)

can anyone advise what i'm missing in the setup for this?

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrleetyler,

It should be configured in the dynamic 365 CDS setting:

You could refer to this post, refer to lkaspar's answer:

Solved: Attachment size - Start an approval - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i did see this yesterday, unfortunately this hasn't resolved the issue 

Eyfa
Helper I
Helper I

Hi. Have you resolved the issue? 
Currently I'm facing the same issue and looking for solution.

no unfortunately not from what i found it was a limitation within Power Automate. i ended up hosting the attachments on a sharepoint site and linking to the files like that. it's messy but it worked. and then just set a Azure Logic app to clear the directory of old files after 30 days to keep the directory under control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,574)