cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vonne_L
Frequent Visitor

attachment missing when file size is > 5mb for start and wait for approval attachment array

Hi

I have been trying to attach files to "start and wait for approval".

the approval process works & files are being attached to approval email when the file size is less than 5 MB.

When the total file size exceeds 5mb, then the approval email will be sent but without the attachments.

I am wondering what is the max file size & how can i resolve this?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Vonne_L ,

Thank you for your reply!

The default maximum file size is 5mb. If the size of the attached attachment exceeds 5mb, the attachment may be removed or the error shown in my screenshot will appear directly.

And if the attachment is removed, there will be a corresponding reminder in the email.

Please consider increasing the limit of the size of the attachment according to the method mentioned in the links provided in my previous post.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Vonne_L do you try with get file metadata? I remember that there is a field that contains the size.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

hi 

@ChristianAbata , I did. The only time that i will receive attachment in the approval email is when the attachment is less than 5 MB.

I did not receive any error message when the attachment is > 5mb, it is just missing.

image.pngimage.png

Hi @Vonne_L ,

Please check this error message, if the size of attachments >5mb, this error will appear.

81.PNG

The default limit size is 5MB, please contact your admin to make sure the limit is properly configured.

Besides, please check this link and see if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2813269/attachment-size-exceeds-the-allowable-limit-error-w...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2015/04/15/office-365-now-supports-larger-email-m...

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Barry  @v-bacao-msft,

Hi @Vonne_L ,

If you configure Flow as follows and attach the file>5MB, you would reproduce this error:

82.PNG

Best Regards,

@v-bacao-msft 

I have reproduced the flow as below with attachments of 6MB & the flow runs successfully but without the attachmentS in the email. what is the maximum limit for the file size that we could attach?

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngattachments missingattachments missing

I also tested the flow with one single file which is more than 5mb. The flow also run successfully without the error message but the attachment is missing from the approval email.

image.png

Hi @Vonne_L ,

Thank you for your reply!

The default maximum file size is 5mb. If the size of the attached attachment exceeds 5mb, the attachment may be removed or the error shown in my screenshot will appear directly.

And if the attachment is removed, there will be a corresponding reminder in the email.

Please consider increasing the limit of the size of the attachment according to the method mentioned in the links provided in my previous post.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

thanks Barry. I will request out IT department to look at this.

@v-bacao-msft ,If i am using "send an email (v2)", does this restriction of 5 mb still applies?

Hi @Vonne_L ,

I have made a test on my side using Send an email action.

We could attach the file which size is greater than 5mb.

101.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Hi

m_jeppesen
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Vonne_L  and @ThreeAngle 

Did anyone find a solution for this?

At first I also got the error: "CdsApiAttachmentSizeLimitExceeded", in my flow, but after increasing the file size in CDS, I no longer get the error in my flow.

However, when the Approval flow email is sent, attachments >5MB is missing.

I tested with the action "Send an email (V2)", and for this attachments >5MB is attached, but when using "Start and wait for an approval", then attachments >5MB are missing.

MP_Squared
Helper I
Helper I

Has this been resolved for anyone? I've increased the default email settings in the power platform settings to 16mbs and still the attachment is getting removed. 

Hi there is no workaround as of now.. its a Microsoft feature. Read the last item of the document: Power Automate Approval Attachment Limitations and Restrictions (microsoft.com)

Your users can still read the attachments via power automate approval centre by clicking on the link on the email.

hanabi418_0-1635403557910.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,921)