cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

auto reply from a specific outlook folder with flow

Hi,

I tried to make an auto reply with flow (in office 365).  

The goal : when the user move a mail ie. from inbox into a specific folder, the sender of the mail get an auto-reply with a specific text.

The rule works well if I move an email from today, but i.e. from yesterday not really (I used the "Office 365 Outlook - On new email" option) (but it seems an email from yesterday is not equivalent with the "new mail" )

But my goal is, to make a server based rule (not a vb script because it runs only, when the client is on) what is reply independently from the mail receiving time. The senders are different, so I can't use rules.

Does somebody have any idea?

Thanks!

T

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: auto reply from a specific outlook folder with flow

Hi Tibor,

The "received timestamp" of an e-mail does not change when we move from one folder to another folder in our mailbox. That is why the flow you crreated works for new incoming mails but not mails that you have already received. If you can get rid of your existing backlog, Fllows should be able to address your future needs.

Thanks,

Kartik

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,098)