cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrtnM
Helper V
Helper V

automatically book a room

In my organisation, one room is a combined office and meeting room. When the employee is not working in the room, it is free to book for anyone.

Now I wish to build a Flow that makes it easy for her to book the meeting room (say, she will have an important phone call Thursday 11-11.30, and does not wish anyone to be able too book the room).

The easiest for her would be if she could just add a trigger word to her calendar event, and then the room would be booked. Is this possible?

To say it short: I wish to build a Flow that creates an event in a meeting room calendar (resource calendar) when one specific user creates an event with the word "booked" in her personal calendar.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrtnM,

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Thanks! However, if I do not misunderstand, this dos not really meet my needs.

The suggested Flow will, as I understand it, create another event with the same title in her personal calendar and with location set to the room. In this way, she will end up with two identical events.

The purpose of the Flow I want to build is to make the booking as convenient for her as possible - that is, just create a calendar event in her own calendar, without adding location/room.

I tried to make a Flow that on creating an event with the word booked in the title, an identical event is created in the room calendar (user has editing permissions). This works fine - as long as the event isn't changed or deleted.

@v-yuazh-msft  Thank you for the screenshot example, was extremely helpful when creating my flow. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (87,931)