cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

bot another machine

good morning, soon someone helps me with a question I have.

I want to run a bot on another pc not locally on my machine.

Should I install a gateway on the other pc or do I install it on my machine with the information from the other pc?

Thank you very much for clarifying this question.Presentación1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, I think the confusion is on the use of the term bot,  The screenshot in your post is a Power Automate flow, not a bot.  Flows also run in the cloud although they can access resources on your desktop.  The trigger appears to be for When a file is created in the local file system.  To have it work against a different machine you need to open the flow while logged in to that machine and change the trigger to point to that machine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Bots all run in the cloud.  The only thing running on your PC is the web browser that talks to the bot.  So the only way to really run a bot on another machine would be to use a Power Automate desktop flow to access Teams or the Web site where the bot runs on that other machine and interact with the bot.

Could you explain a bit more what you are trying to accomplish?  I might be able to provide a better answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 

good afternoon, develop a bot in power automated desktop which opens an application and performs a process of entry and registration of information,
This bot performs the process on my machine where I developed it, I want it to be able to do this process on another machine which is destined

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 Captura.PNG

the bot opens an application and performs the process on my pc where I develop it, I need to do it on a different computer.

OK, I think the confusion is on the use of the term bot,  The screenshot in your post is a Power Automate flow, not a bot.  Flows also run in the cloud although they can access resources on your desktop.  The trigger appears to be for When a file is created in the local file system.  To have it work against a different machine you need to open the flow while logged in to that machine and change the trigger to point to that machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1  Thank you very much for the help, change the trigger path and from the computer on which I want to run the desktop, your answer served me, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,501)