cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvittal
Regular Visitor

bulk document approval (in a folder)

Hi there,

I have a requirement where a set of documents need to get approved together (a memo and supporting documents). How can we achieve this in Flow?  Can Flow iterate thru a subfolder of documents and then approve them in parallel or sequentially?

Thanks,

Pradeep

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pvittal,

Do you mean that every file in the specified folder needs to be approved?

I did the test here, you could configure Flow as follows.

The approval process for the second file will only begin if the current file approval is completed.

1. You could use Get files(properties only) to get all the files in the library.
  2. Then configure Filter array action to filter the files in the specified folder.
  3. Configure Apply_to_each to traverse the filtered files and use "items(‘Apply_to_each')[‘ColumnName’] to get the contents of Filter array output.

Image reference:

2.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm trying to do something similar, but I'm wondering what alternatives there are to sending each request successively after the approval is registered. Is there a way to batch up all the approvals into one mail? I can't see how I would give the recipient the ability to approve each file individually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (38,071)