cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IC
Level: Powered On

calculate variables

Hi I am very much new to PowerApps and FLOWS -  when Im creating my workflow I normally use the SharePoint Designer and now in flow Im trying to create this but I have no idea how to start it.  Please, I need guidance to start this then I can articulate on how the flow works here what I did in Designer.  How can I replicate this in FLOW?  Thanks!

WorkFlow.png

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: calculate variables

@IC

There are several action blocks related to variable definition and manipulation.

I would suggest you to implement a couple of test Flows, once you play a little bit with the editor, it is very easy to understand

Hope this helps

error-handling-variables.png

If anybody solved your question, remember to mark its post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @IC,

Could you please show a straightforward description about your needs?

I am not familiar with the workflow of SharePoint Designer, according to the screenshot that you provided, I think that “Do Until” action in Microsoft Flow would match the loop action within your screenshot:2.JPG

In addition, there are some actions related to variable definition and manipulation in Microsoft Flow:3.JPG

More details about creating a workflow using SharePoint Designer, please check the following document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/creating-a-workflow-by-using-sha...

If you want to learn Microsoft Flow step by step, please check the following article:

Microsoft Flow Guided Learning

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
IC

Hi Kris, yes I was able to do simple increment setting variable to (1), I did this inside the card Do until thinking it will continue the increment plus+1, Plus+1 which will update the column the value total.  What Im trying to achived is that each day this variable will count and place the value into the column to reflect how many.  on the Card  Do until "Count" 60 and "timeout" PT1H means what because I create an item into the SP-List and i can see the count is 1 thinking its working but now, after 1 day, its still 1 can guide/show how this is done,  Thanks so much.

Do Until Flow.pngSPList.png

Regards,

Ian

IC

Hi Kris, how to continue incrementing the variables I am successful with one run, only after that based on the do until and delay settings in the flow its not running anymore.  I need the variables to keep on counting/increment until my condition met.  based on
variable conditon below I was able to increment upto 2 only then stop.

Do Until Flow2.pngincrement until value becomes YES

update.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 4,710 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: