cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

calendar id of another user

I want to build a flow that sends a meeting invite to users that I have assigned to a Planner task. 

I have started building flow but not sure how I can link calendar id of persona assigned to task? 

Steps I have so far include; 

When a new task is created - get task details - condition for value assigned to = true - create event 

How do I enter calendar id for the user who is assigned to planner task? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Well, this does cause trouble for others, but Power Automate does have such a limitation at present, which is a pity. You can find similar ideas in the idea forum to vote or submit your own suggestions to expand the functionality. Thanks for being an active Power Automate Community Member!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

If you want to create an event on other user’s calendar, you need to create the connection by using their personal accounts. And select the calendar id from the dropdown list.

Hope that makes sense.

As an alternative workaround, maybe you could consider adding the assigned to as the Required attendees.

Best  Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

@v-bacao-msftare you able to show me an example of what I mean? 

The person who is assigned to each planner task will vary per task and that is who we want the meeting request to be sent to. 

Highlighted

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

I mean, we cannot create events for others, because the connection of Create event needs to be created with a personal account so that we can get the calendar from the drop-down list. So I am afraid that even if the calendar id is obtained, if the connection of the Create event action is created using your own account, this Flow will not work properly.

As for the alternative method I mentioned, create an event in your calendar, but add the user contained in Assigned to as the attendees of the event.

If you need to adopt this suggestion, here are the specific steps:

Spoiler
105.PNG106.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Highlighted

So there is no way I can replicate send a meeting invite using Power Automate @v-bacao-msft

Highlighted

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Unfortunately, I think so. Maybe you could consider the alternative workaround in my previous reply.

Best Regards,

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msftthe solution is for a senior member who has lots of team members so it will not be acceptable to litter the person's calendar with meetings that are not relevant for her. 

I will look to see if there is something about this on the uservoice and vote

Highlighted

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Well, this does cause trouble for others, but Power Automate does have such a limitation at present, which is a pity. You can find similar ideas in the idea forum to vote or submit your own suggestions to expand the functionality. Thanks for being an active Power Automate Community Member!

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes in some respects although wanting to send a meeting invite to users is largely no different or troublesome than send an email, which you can do freely using Power Automate. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi everyone,

@Basic_User007  have you managed to implement it? Because i think it's doable through API graph and adding it as an HTTP action in the flow

regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,702)