cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvanvick
Level: Powered On

cds image

So I'm able to save data (both text and an image file) to the CDS from PowerApps.  From there I'm able to export the text using Flow to Dyanmics 365, but what I haven't been able to do yet is get the image out.  Ideally I'd like to store the image as an attachment to a Note associated with a contact.  Is this even possible, and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: cds image

Hi @tvanvick,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to store the image into Notes entity of Dynamics 365 within your flow?

The Notes entity doesn't have an image attribute to store the image from the Common Data Service, so I afraid that there is no way to store the image from CDS into Notes entity in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

More details about Certain system entities have image attributes, please check the following article:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309396.aspx#Entity images

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
tvanvick

Ideally I'm trying to get the photo out from CDS that I've brought in from PowerApps and make it an attachment to the Notes Entity in Dynamics 365 CRM.  I'm able to create add a note to an account or contact, but only with text.

tvanvick

I'd also be open to the option of getting the Photo/Image out to say OneDrive or even a SharePoint library as I can get the file into CRM that way, but the image itself won't open.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,446)