cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcneil32
Resolver I
Resolver I

change name of attachment being sent with email

Hello, I need to change the name of an attachment being sent with an email. I have an image URL uploaded to OneDrive that is saved as a pdf file. The attachment name is now a long string that doesn't provide any meaning for the end users that will receive the email. I have a field "Pro Number" from an excel online source that I'd like to rename the attachment name to. However, when I change the dynamic content for the attachment name I get an error: Attachment content cannot be null or empty

amcneil32_0-1625776399593.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @amcneil32 :

The file name needs to include the suffix of the file type, such as'. pdf','.txt'

vbofengmsft_0-1626052168114.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amcneil32 :

Just try to set the Attachments Name property to "FileName.pdf", and check if the problem solved.

vbofengmsft_0-1625797341270.png

Best Regards,

Bof

amcneil32
Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-bofeng-msft , thanks for the response. When i use "File content" from the "get file content" action on both the attachment name and content property the email is sent out with the attachment successfully. If i use any name output from the "upload file from URL" action i get the error below. I dont understand why this would cause the content of the attachment to be null

amcneil32_0-1625839526326.png

amcneil32_1-1625839533506.png

Hi @amcneil32 :

The file name needs to include the suffix of the file type, such as'. pdf','.txt'

vbofengmsft_0-1626052168114.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (924)