cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcneil32
Resolver I
Resolver I

compare SQL query results from two different servers

I have two SQL queries that are running against two separate SQL instances (servers). I need to take the values returned, find the difference in them, and depending on that result send an email. My plan is to have these queries scheduled and sent to my inbox (SSRS). I can create a flow for each query to look in my inbox and create a OneDrive excel file. I would need an additional flow to take these results when their files are created and compare them, like below. Last, on one of the email conditions I would need to attach a pdf report. That report is sent automatically as well, so I think I would need an additional flow to upload that to OneDrive. Is there a more efficient way to approach this problem? I know multiple triggers aren't supported in single flows, but having to create this many flows seems a little difficult to manage.

note: The data is on premises and I do not have a data gateway installed.

amcneil32_0-1626963986823.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amcneil32
Resolver I
Resolver I

so I discovered that SSRS can also deliver reports to a windows file share. I downloaded the onedrive app for that which then syncs a local folder to onedrive online. this helped reduce the number of flows i needed to create.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amcneil32
Resolver I
Resolver I

so I discovered that SSRS can also deliver reports to a windows file share. I downloaded the onedrive app for that which then syncs a local folder to onedrive online. this helped reduce the number of flows i needed to create.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,195)