cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjpetro

comparing columns in sharepoint excel tables

Hi there,

I’m relatively new to flow and have a few questions about a project that I’m trying to accomplish using two different SharePoint documents. The main goal is when a name is added to the much shorter employee line document that isn’t already on the longer entire employee list document, that name will be added to the entire employee list document. These tables have different numbers of rows so when I tried running a basic nested for loop with the apply to each and list rows function, the program never ends. Although I do get names that don't match even though the loop never ends.  The entire employee list size is 325x1 and the employee line table is 31x1 and each has a large amount of blank cells; could this may be why my loop won't complete?

Initially I had the tables all as larger tables encompassing more information but thought that if I made the rows their own individual tables this would make it easier to compare the data. I also foresee some troubles with adding the new name to the END of the employee list that I’m comparing it to, so if you have an idea for that please share. Currently I'm adding the rows that don't match to a different table, which isn't in the same location as the other tables, note all of these files have a different location around SharePoint. Also there are about 19 different employee line documents that I have to compare to the employee list, will this be problematic having all of these comparisons in one flow document? Thanks again.

flow 1.jpgflow 2.jpgflow 3.jpgflow 4.jpgflow 5.jpgflow 6.jpg

flow 7new.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rjpetro,

Here is a post with a similar requirement, you could follow it and hope it could help you something:

Solved: Compare 2 Sharepoint Lists and add missing Person - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but I’m not working with SharePoint lists but rather excel documents inside of SharePoint.

Benim makrolarım

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,217)