cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

compose variable repeated in html table

Hi,

I am trying to build the following workflow. Currently I am stuck on step 3. the workflow runs as intended successfully, however the output from Step 2 is repeated in the select statement field 'CommentText'. I would like my variable to act as dynamic content, unique per share point list record. There are currently two sample records in the list, the comment field in record 1 is NULL, the comment field in record 2 is populated. My HTML table is showing both records with the same comment. What have I done incorrectly? I believe my mistake is something simple I am missing.

1. Extract items from a share point list (array)

2. Transform a rich text comment field into text, for each row

3. Populate the output from step 2. into a variable which can be added to a html table

4. Add the html table output into an email to the user. 

kgovil_0-1596566178916.png

kgovil_1-1596567856109.png

kgovil_2-1596567890201.pngkgovil_3-1596567922438.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: compose variable repeated in html table

Hi @kgovil ,

Please try to configure Flow by referring to the screenshot below.

72.PNG73.PNG

Append the fields that need to be displayed in the Html table to the array variable instead of using Select action.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @kgovil 

What is your concurrency set at for the loop?

this can be checked by clicking the 3 dots on the loop action.

Than clicking settings.

Try enabling concurrency and setting it’s value to 1 click done.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kgovil ,

Please try to configure Flow by referring to the screenshot below.

72.PNG73.PNG

Append the fields that need to be displayed in the Html table to the array variable instead of using Select action.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Jcook Thank you for the suggestion. I set the concurrency to 1 as suggested, but it did not resolve the issue. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @kgovil 

Sorry, I missed one part. Can you try @v-bacao-msft suggestion above. And let us know if that works

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft @Jcook 

The append solution didn't work either. I need to reference the 'Value' array as input to the html table, since all the fields of information are from there. The variable array I appended is now not only duplicated, but also not properly formatted. I typed out the json you suggested. Did I type it out incorrectly? I am new to coding and flow. Other ideas?

kgovil_1-1596640926441.png

kgovil_0-1596640739529.png

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft 

My mistake. I see now your suggestion is to create all the columns of the table in the initialized variable itself, including the html to text output. Your append solution worked. Thank you! Now a different issue arises...

1. Create HTML table - this works, output is a table in the run history, all columns are looking as I desired. Thanks @v-bacao-msft ! 

2. Format Table and email table from format table - Something is wrong here now. In the email I am getting a blank space where the table should be. 

Highlighted

I fixed my mistake. I accidentally had not reset the output from the variable 'Table' into the Format Table compose action. It works perfectly now. Thank you both so much! @v-bacao-msft @Jcook  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,880)