cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

copy items between two lists and link them

Hi,

Requirement: I have a requirement for a department site which is a subsite under site collection to create a list item. And there are 30 store subsites which need to take action on each item created and mark it as completed with who and when fields as well. The columns of this list are as below:

Column A(unique), Column B, Active(Default Yes), Store1(Default No), Store2(Default No), Store3(Default No), ..., Store30(Default No).

First three columns are generic columns. Store columns above should show if action is completed (Yes/No) by stores and it should be a hyperlink to the display form of destination item copied.

These stores are going to increase in future and so I have to create a dynamic solution every time a new store is created.

My thoughts: I am thinking of creating similar list with first three generic columns and then completed(Yes/No), completed by and completion date the other 3 columns on each store site. Using Flow for copying items whenever a new item is created or modified. If user on source list makes item as inactive it should update on all destination lists.

Challenge is how to update the record back from destination list to source list to update store columns from No to Yes. Also each store column if clicked on Yes(hyperlink) should show the information from the destination list item of who and when completed.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: copy items between two lists and link them

Hi @NileshAhinave ,

Could you please explain more details about the lists with table or screenshot and explain more details about the requirement?

How to understand the destination list and the source list? Please explain the list with list name.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: copy items between two lists and link them

Hi Alice,

Below is my source list structure, four columns(Text) are generic with item number as unique and then last two columns are single line of text with default value as No. This column should be linked to destination list item so that the user can see the details of it.

DiscItem.jpg

The destination list on each store has same first four columns and additional 3 columns as Status(Choice), Completed By(Text) and Completion Date.

When user adds an item in source list, it should copy item on destination list on each store and wait for the status to be completed and update the source list from No to Yes for respective store column.

Both lists have same name but sitting on different sites. The solution needs to be dynamic as there will be more stores in future, so it should update its respective store column on source list.

Source list need to act as dashboard for department site apart from adding items in it. See below image:

DiscItem1.jpg

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,306)