Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BOBOMAN
Level: Powered On

covert HTML table to PDF is not fill page vision

hello everyone

i have one issue is about covert HTML table to PDF file in Flow.

HTML table that  i got from  'create HTML table' function in Flow then i want covert to PDF file. but when i review it PDF file is not full vision, like been cutted. 

do i need use lnitalize variable function?

and one more question is there any way i can covert Sharepoint list or items to Excel not use 'export to excel'

thank you 

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (31)_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: covert HTML table to PDF is not fill page vision

Hi @BOBOMAN ,

I did a test on my side, and the parts of the HTML table could not be displayed in the PDF.

You could try not to choose to automatically generate Columns when creating HTML table, but to customize the fields that need to be displayed in HTML Table.

Only the expected field values need be displayed, and those attribute information can be removed, and the data of Person or Choice type can only select the corresponding Value.

Expression:

replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),'<table>','<table border="1">')

Image reference:

18.PNG

Regarding your second question, you could first define the table in an Excel file and create a column corresponding to SharePoint list.

You don't need all the column here, just create the column you need.

Then use Get items to get all the items, and use Add a row into table action to add the list item to the Excel table.

Image reference:

19.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BOBOMAN ,

I did a test on my side, and the parts of the HTML table could not be displayed in the PDF.

You could try not to choose to automatically generate Columns when creating HTML table, but to customize the fields that need to be displayed in HTML Table.

Only the expected field values need be displayed, and those attribute information can be removed, and the data of Person or Choice type can only select the corresponding Value.

Expression:

replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),'<table>','<table border="1">')

Image reference:

18.PNG

Regarding your second question, you could first define the table in an Excel file and create a column corresponding to SharePoint list.

You don't need all the column here, just create the column you need.

Then use Get items to get all the items, and use Add a row into table action to add the list item to the Excel table.

Image reference:

19.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

BOBOMAN
Level: Powered On

Hello. @v-bacao-msft

thank you for you information it is help me a lot.

but i think i got a new question, which is my sharepoint list only has 3 columns when i use    

get item -> create CSV table -> create file. the table shows extra information which is not in my list

and i know i can use "select" or customer columns in "create CSV table" or like your solution create a excel file first then match the columns. 

but i am wondering some other solutions by use "limit columns by view" 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BOBOMAN ,

Thank you for your reply, this is indeed a good idea, causing my interest in trying to improve.

So I tried it on my side and created a new view in SharePoint List, showing only the expected columns.

In Dynamic content list of Flow and HTML table column, it is indeed to display the few columns, but the basic properties such as ID, etag and so on still have no way to hide.

So I recommend that if you can, use the method of setting a custom field in HTML Table to limit the number of fields displayed.

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 3,522 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: