cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyinglaptop
Frequent Visitor

create/add url to email, when clicked trigger a flow

I have a excel file which contains a list of items that employees have borrowed (table contains: name, email address, item, due date). I created a flow that goes through this file everyday and sends an email to employees who are borrowing an item that is due.

I would like to include a link in this email that the employee can click if they wants to renew the due date by 30 days. When this link is clicked I would like to trigger a flow that can go into the excel file and update the due date for the employee.

I have already considered Adaptive-cards/Actionable-messages but these wont work because some of the emails are not outlook.

I have also considered using email with options but i cant use that because that makes the flow pause until a response is received, some people suggested use the parallelism feature but i can only have 50 parallel threads, my client will have hundreds of people in this excel file so that wont work either.

Is there a way for a flow to create a link that can be added to an email and then another flow can be triggered when this link is opened and update the excel file?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could do this quite easily with the "When a HTTP Request is received" trigger. It is a premium action so you will need to have at least one licensed premium account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @flyinglaptop 

The best option might be is Microsoft Forms. Present the link of the email which contains the URL of MS Forms. Ask the user about renewal Yes/No via forms. MS Forms response trigger can get the response and update the excel sheet.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
flyinglaptop
Frequent Visitor

Hi @abm ,

Thank you for responding, one issue with using Microsoft Forms is that the user is expected to enter their email when submitting the Form. This does not meet our requirements since an incorrect email can be entered.

I would like a solution that only takes yes/no input from the user. 

Hi @flyinglaptop 

Yes I agree that you need to collect the email address. The other option is reply email as Yes/No from the users. Capture the email replies as trigger.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

You could do this quite easily with the "When a HTTP Request is received" trigger. It is a premium action so you will need to have at least one licensed premium account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,859)