cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

create an approval flow from an email address field in a form

I'm wanting to create a flow where someone fills in a form and one of the fields is an email address field that they fill in which is the address of the approver.  That field then gets parsed into the approval process.  The reason for this is that the person who approves the  form can change from day to day and could be someone not in the system otherwise.  

I'm just not sure how to get the email address from the field on the form across into the approver email field in the flow.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: create an approval flow from an email address field in a form

@critski 

I believe this is possible but you can only do it one way as in the approval process you can only use users who are internal to you organisation. therefore you need to use the "send email with options".  So thus the name of the approver from the MS Form that the person fills out will need to be placed in the TO field of the email with options and you will need to set the options to Yes or No.  You should then be able to update the SP list once the approver has approved the process you are trying to formalise.

I am assuming the above able makes sense.

Regards,

Andrew

@critski wrote:

I'm wanting to create a flow where someone fills in a form and one of the fields is an email address field that they fill in which is the address of the approver.  That field then gets parsed into the approval process.  The reason for this is that the person who approves the  form can change from day to day and could be someone not in the system otherwise.  

I'm just not sure how to get the email address from the field on the form across into the approver email field in the flow.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: create an approval flow from an email address field in a form

Hi @critski ,

Could you please share more details about the "email address" field, what is the type of the field?

Please take a try with screenshot below to get the email address from the field on the form across into the approver email field in the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,377)