cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jo007

create email draft but allow the user to send

Hi 

I am trying to build a flow to notify a user when the task is completed but I don't want to be sent automatically. I want the flow to pop up the email as a draft and the user will click send. 

thank you very much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

HI @jo007, there's no action in Flow to do that. You can send an email when the task is completed but it will go automatically and the flow will go from you as the creator of it unless you use a "Send an email notification (v3)" in which case it will go from Microsoft PowerApps and Flow.

The only possible variation is to use a "Start and wait for approval" action when the task is completed and the user is the approver so gets notified that the task is complete. But any subsequent email will still be sent from you or Microsoft PowerApps and Flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

HI @jo007, there's no action in Flow to do that. You can send an email when the task is completed but it will go automatically and the flow will go from you as the creator of it unless you use a "Send an email notification (v3)" in which case it will go from Microsoft PowerApps and Flow.

The only possible variation is to use a "Start and wait for approval" action when the task is completed and the user is the approver so gets notified that the task is complete. But any subsequent email will still be sent from you or Microsoft PowerApps and Flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

pois

I am also looking for this flow that could make and email draft and user could send it then, because of a very simple reason : SIGNATURE !! cause when flow sends email, signature is not exist

RobDp3
Frequent Visitor

Sort of out of the box, but it seems you could send the email to yourself, and then simply  "forward" it after you've confirmed the content.

But the email address coming from the data is important, too. From the database it's exactly what it is supposed to be (assuming the right address is in there in the first place). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,689)