Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosie
Helper III
Helper III

create entities in azure from for each loop

Hello,

I thought this was straight forward but I need some help to insert entities into an Azure table from a For each loop.

Json files are received by the flow, sometimes multiple records present in the JSON e.g. there are 3 body sections.

A For each loop is used to get the data from each file, I then need each set of data to be added as an entity.

I am missing some fundamental step but I don't know what it is?

I had the Insert Entity outside of the For Each loop, but only one of the records in the loop is inserted into the table.

Rosie_0-1655080903651.png

If I have the Insert Entity within the For Each loop then I get multiple records of the same record created.

Rosie_1-1655081137901.png

Thanks

Rosie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rosie
Helper III
Helper III

I found the solution, the concurrency setting needed to be set to sequential, with a value of 1.

When the azure create entity step is within the For Each loop each new record from the body of the json is inserted.

Rosie_0-1655149870165.png

This default of this setting seems to have changed from sequential to parallel based on the screenshots I found when searching for information about this setting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rosie
Helper III
Helper III

I found the solution, the concurrency setting needed to be set to sequential, with a value of 1.

When the azure create entity step is within the For Each loop each new record from the body of the json is inserted.

Rosie_0-1655149870165.png

This default of this setting seems to have changed from sequential to parallel based on the screenshots I found when searching for information about this setting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,117)