cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

create event in employee calendar

Hello everyone,

I would like to build a holiday process in Flow.
Employees should add a new entry to a sharepoint list via Powerapp.

This is the trigger for Flow. There are already 3 approval stages in the flow and I would like now still that the planned vacation period is entered automatically into the calendar of the employee - of course only after the vacation was also approved.

Basically I have already managed to create an event. But only in my calendar. Even if I created a new entry in the sharepoint list as another user.

For the entry under the other user I was the approver.
It seems as if the execution of the flow would only work from one account at a time. Can you influence this somehow? Or how can I get that the calendar entry is not entered in my calendar?

Many thanks in advance! Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: create event in employee calendar

Hi @enestrix ,

MS Flow currently creates a connection based on a personal account, so you can't add events to other people's calendars in the Flow you create. This is a known limitation.

If you want to achieve your needs, I am afraid that all involved employees need to create a similar Flow. You can use Send a copy to share this flow to them, so they can easily create the same Flow.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/send-a-flow-as-a-copy/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for your answer!

Okay, distributing the flow to all users or to a group should not be a problem. I only work with dynamic data from other sources.
But how could I make sure that if a user uses my PowerApp, only the flow sent by me to him is triggered?

In my mind, I am missing a reference created by employee entry in SP list via PowerApp -> to Copied Flow?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Push!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,713)