cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enestrix
Regular Visitor

create event in employee calendar

Hello everyone,

I would like to build a holiday process in Flow.
Employees should add a new entry to a sharepoint list via Powerapp.

This is the trigger for Flow. There are already 3 approval stages in the flow and I would like now still that the planned vacation period is entered automatically into the calendar of the employee - of course only after the vacation was also approved.

Basically I have already managed to create an event. But only in my calendar. Even if I created a new entry in the sharepoint list as another user.

For the entry under the other user I was the approver.
It seems as if the execution of the flow would only work from one account at a time. Can you influence this somehow? Or how can I get that the calendar entry is not entered in my calendar?

Many thanks in advance! Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @enestrix ,

MS Flow currently creates a connection based on a personal account, so you can't add events to other people's calendars in the Flow you create. This is a known limitation.

If you want to achieve your needs, I am afraid that all involved employees need to create a similar Flow. You can use Send a copy to share this flow to them, so they can easily create the same Flow.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/send-a-flow-as-a-copy/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Okay, distributing the flow to all users or to a group should not be a problem. I only work with dynamic data from other sources.
But how could I make sure that if a user uses my PowerApp, only the flow sent by me to him is triggered?

In my mind, I am missing a reference created by employee entry in SP list via PowerApp -> to Copied Flow?

Push!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,395)