cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

create link in sharepoint document library to other sharepoint file

Hi,

I would like to create a flow that creates a link to a file (rather than creating an actual file) in a Sharepoint document library when a new file is created in a document library on a separate site.  I do not want to duplicate the file because there should only be one file that gets updated and users refer to.  There are two teams working on a project together, and both teams typically think to look for the file on their site rather than the other team's site.  (The users have edit permissions for both document libraries so permissions are not an issue here). The ability to create these links using Flow would easily allow both teams to find the documents when they look for them 6 months or a year from now.

Is there a way to specify with the Sharepoint action to create a file that it should create a link to the file rather than duplicating the file?  If so, can you please point me towards documentation on how to do so? Or does this functionality not exist yet? 

Thanks,

Melanie

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: create link in sharepoint document library to other sharepoint file

Hi @mmaguire,

Currently it is not available to get the Link (or saying Shared link ? ) for the file created under SharePoint library.

And I personally think this is not achieveable, as the File/Folder REST API in SharePoint don't contain the Shared link property:

Files and folders REST API reference

If you would like to have the Shared Link added as an dynamic content under SharePoint file connector, then please consider submit this as an idea under the Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,670)