cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wjblomjous
Level: Powered On

create opportunity in Dynamics based on email

flow create opp based on e-mail.pngHello, I'm new to building flows and I struggle to build my second flow. I try to create a opportunity in Dynamics CRM based on a e-mail. In outlook I move the specific e-mails with a outlook rule to a folder. I set the trigger based on this folder and a specific text in the subject.

I create an expected close date, but do not use it currently in the flow. I would like to use this when the flow is working in the future.

I get the specific account information from CRM to get the required information to be able to generate the opportunity. In the output of this step I can see the correct account has been selected.

However the flow is not able to create the opportunity.

All advanced options are currently empty.

The fault messages do not help me, they state the input values are not correct.

Could you please help me in the right direction?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Willem-Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wjblomjous

Re: create opportunity in Dynamics based on email

Dear Michael,

Thanks to your remark that I should use the GUID for the currency, I looked up the correct GUID for the currency and now it is working.

I found the correct GUID in the browser after opening the currencypage.

Thanks,

W-J

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wjblomjous,

It is the currency that are causing issue here.

To create a new record under the opportunity, we need the currency to be the GUID defined in the Currencies entity.

For EURO, the corresponding GUID is:

c015a8c4-f7ef-e611-80ed-c4346bacaeb0

49.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wjblomjous

Dear Michael,

Unfortunately, that does not work for me. Can I check the correct GUID myself in our system?

Thanks!.

Yammer connection with GUID for currency.pngFor your information I get the following fault message, and I attached the flow and input to the compose step.

I get the following fault message:

{ "code": "", "message": "transactioncurrency With Id = c015a8c4-f7ef-e611-80ed-c4346bacaeb0 Does Not Exist", "innererror": { "message": "transactioncurrency With Id = c015a8c4-f7ef-e611-80ed-c4346bacaeb0 Does Not Exist", "type": "System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1

2017_07_26_16_22_34_Uw_stromen_beheren_Microsoft_Flow_Internet_Explorer.png[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]", "stacktrace": " at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Create(Entity entity, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode, Dictionary`2 optionalParameters)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataExecutionContext.Create(Entity entity)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataServiceDataProvider.CreateEdmEntity(CrmODataExecutionContext context, String edmEntityName, EdmEntityObject entityObject, Boolean isUpsert)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.EntityController.PostEntitySet(String entitySetName, EdmEntityObject entityObject)\r\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()" } }

wjblomjous

Dear Michael,

Thanks to your remark that I should use the GUID for the currency, I looked up the correct GUID for the currency and now it is working.

I found the correct GUID in the browser after opening the currencypage.

Thanks,

W-J

View solution in original post

MitchC3

How did you find this? I can't seem to find the ID for US Dollar for my organization

MitchC3

How did you get this GUID?

wjblomjous

Dear Mitch,

If you open the currency in your browser, you will get the GUID.

In my case the HTTP adress looks like this:

https://XXXXXX.crm4.dynamics.com/biz/transactioncurrencies/edit.aspx?id=%7b3DA9B2F7-887C-E511-80F0-3...

The GUID is: 3DA9B2F7-887C-E511-80F0-3863BB358FA8 (the %7b and the %7d are markers for the beginning and ending of the GUID).

I hope this will help you further.

Another trick I used to find a lot of these GUID's is to send an e-mail to myself with flow with all the items I want to put in CRM. This flow is triggered after a new item has been created in CRM, I manually creat a new opportunity with all the correct items and flow sends me the valuas in GUID. In that way you can find GUID for users, items in a selectionbox etc.

Best regards,

Willem-Jan

MitchC3

Wow thank you so much! The tip with the record created -> send email is incredibly helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,312)