cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winterkid
Helper I
Helper I

creating a form and flow for HR

i am trying to create a form and a flow for hr hiring process, but i am having some issue.

first the flow will be like this,

requester will required to submit a hiring process form to HR.
in the form it will contain requester name, requester email address, requester manager email, requester project director email and the recruitment information needed such as salary, job description etc etc.

there are times that it can be the manager or the project director that are the one requesting for new staff.
the process for approval can be like this
Normal user request-> manager approve->project director approve->HR will check the approve form and submit to DGM for approval->Once DGM approve, an email will send to HR for recruitment-> and etc etc other step.

or

manager request->project director approve->HR will check and submit to DGM and so on

or

project director request->HR will check and submit to DGM and so on

i do not know whether in the office365 administrative side for the email account whether did they set who is the user manager or not. as this can be always changes easily as our staff keep moving from 1 project to another project.

how can i make Microsoft flow to know whether it normal user/manager/project director request so that the flow can continue.

in Microsoft form, is there a way to have the email be automatic search when i type in the person company email address internally.
for example when i type james and form will search for any james email address and automatically fill up?

or i have to get requester to manually fill up the email address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Winterkid ,

According to your concern, I am afraid that we could not use Power Automate to achieve your requirements by using the existing feature currently. As suggested by efialttes, we could only use the features provided in the Office 365 user connector to get the profile of the specified user.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!
I would suggest you to consider using 'Office 365 users' connector. Two action blocks worth to mention: 'Get Manager' and 'Search for users'

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365users/#actions

Hooe this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi efialttes,

this 'Get Manager' and 'Search for users', does it required is the office 365 administrative area that to input a manager email to have a manager informa in their account?

any user manager can be change any time. which may cause alot of problem to the office 365 administrative person.

this is due to the project timeline.
for example this user is station in main office but when there is a new project at another location and required this user to be there,
the user will be transfer to that project and his manager will change to that project manager to in-charge of him/her.

Hi @Winterkid ,

According to your concern, I am afraid that we could not use Power Automate to achieve your requirements by using the existing feature currently. As suggested by efialttes, we could only use the features provided in the Office 365 user connector to get the profile of the specified user.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,808)