cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

date changing unexpectedly when using flow

Hi all,

I am having an issue with a date storing in SharePoint as US style instead of UK style. The Flow is being used to upload documents from a PowerApp to SharePoint, and then update the metadata for the document. However, although the PowerApp and SharePoint are set up correctly there appears to be something in the flow that is causing an issue.

I have looked at the inputs and outputs of the flow and this appears to be the issue:

Input:

input.png

Output:

output.png

The output has changed it from day-month-year to year-day-month. SharePoint is then interpreting this as Year-Month-Day, causing the date to save wrong (or not at all if it is an impossible date).

Any suggestions on what I am missing in the flow to correct this? It currently looks like:

flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamGibbs ,

Glad that your issue is solved now.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi again,

after the long post I found the solution here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/How-to-change-Flow-date-from-YYYY-DD-MM-t...

in short, I had to wrap the 'ask in powerapps' in a format formula

formatDateTime(triggerBody()['Updatefileproperties_MeetingDate'],'dd/MM/yyyy')
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamGibbs ,

Glad that your issue is solved now.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,743)