cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

delete e-mail attachment after saving it to a SharePoint document Library

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a Flow that will copy e-mail attachments to a SharePoint document library and as soon as the copy is finished the attachment should be removed from my e-mail. I've succesfully finished the steps to copy the attachment to a document library. However I have no idea how to finish the last step: removing the attachment from the e-mail.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Peter

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: delete e-mail attachment after saving it to a SharePoint document Library

Hi Pnoorderijk,

Do you want to only remove the email attachment from the email without removing the email? If yes, it seems that it is not possible to do this currently.
Please consider to create a feature request at Flow Ideas Forum, so it might be taken into consideration in the future releases:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I found that we can delete an email by using the action “Delete email”, have you tried this action?
Hope this flow could be a reference for you:

1.png

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Pnoorderijk,

I started the flow using this template:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f7a46809e53c42108034e56acf83bb79/save-my...

I added the action “Delete email” after the action “Create file”, and it worked fine on my side. I just configured Message Id filed with dynamic content “Message ID”.

1.png

Please configure the flow using this template then add the Delete email action. Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Pnoorderijk,

Do you want to only remove the email attachment from the email without removing the email? If yes, it seems that it is not possible to do this currently.
Please consider to create a feature request at Flow Ideas Forum, so it might be taken into consideration in the future releases:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I found that we can delete an email by using the action “Delete email”, have you tried this action?
Hope this flow could be a reference for you:

1.png

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I only want to remove the attachment and keep the e-mail, I will submit a feature request for that.

For now it is also ok to delete the email. I've tried the flow that you propose however the Delete email action was not executed succesfully. Did you only add the dynamic content Message ID or did you configure something more?

Thanks for replying.

Regards,

Peter

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Pnoorderijk,

I started the flow using this template:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f7a46809e53c42108034e56acf83bb79/save-my...

I added the action “Delete email” after the action “Create file”, and it worked fine on my side. I just configured Message Id filed with dynamic content “Message ID”.

1.png

Please configure the flow using this template then add the Delete email action. Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted

Thanks, that flow worked for me to.

Best regards,

Peter

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Highlighted

While waiting for this idea to be developed by Flows team, is there any API call that we can make (using any script code with Python or so) to achieve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,987)