Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrtnM
Level: Powered On

delete member from Mailchimp list

Hi,

I would like to delete a member from a Mailchimp list when an item with the same e-mail is deleted from a Sharepoint list. I cannot make it work.

(I do have the Mailchimp subscription for Flow)

I tried this, but of course it didn't work - the "Get item" failed since the item to get was deleted ... But without the "Get item", it doesn't seem possible to add E-mail dynamic content to the Mailchimp action?

Namnlöst-3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: delete member from Mailchimp list

Hi @MrtnM ,

Yes, the condition triggered by the trigger is to delete the current item. Since the item has been deleted, there is naturally no way to get its related content.

One alternative for you could be to create another identical list to store the items in the current list.

But the items in List B do not need to be deleted. Add an extra field ItemID to store ID. The type is Number, which is the most important step.

When the item in List A is deleted, you could use this field to get the item corresponding to List B, and then configure Email in Remove Member from list action.40.PNG

As for how to synchronize the current item, you could create two Flows. The first Flow only needs to be used once to synchronize the existing items to List B. It can be deleted after synchronization.41.PNG

The second Flow is used to synchronize the newly added or modified items of List A later.42.PNG

43.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MrtnM ,

Yes, the condition triggered by the trigger is to delete the current item. Since the item has been deleted, there is naturally no way to get its related content.

One alternative for you could be to create another identical list to store the items in the current list.

But the items in List B do not need to be deleted. Add an extra field ItemID to store ID. The type is Number, which is the most important step.

When the item in List A is deleted, you could use this field to get the item corresponding to List B, and then configure Email in Remove Member from list action.40.PNG

As for how to synchronize the current item, you could create two Flows. The first Flow only needs to be used once to synchronize the existing items to List B. It can be deleted after synchronization.41.PNG

The second Flow is used to synchronize the newly added or modified items of List A later.42.PNG

43.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MrtnM

Thanks, that was a clever solution! I'll definitely give it a try (when I find the time for it).

In fact, I have a Flow that sends the newly created items to the Mailchimp list. I suppose that I could add the steps from the second Flow you suggested to my original Flow in this way?

Namnlöst-1.jpg

MrtnM

I tried the setup , and everything works just perfectly! ... Apart from one thing: the manually started Flow that copies everything from the first list to the other stops ("Succeeded") after 100 items, leaving the remaining 149 items without notice (see attached image). Why is that?

Could it be possible to filter the "Get items" so that I can start it again from item 101 and up? Something like "Filter query ItemID gt 101"

Namnlöst-2.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MrtnM ,

Try clicking Settings to increase the amount and increase the Limit to the expected value.

51.PNG52.PNG53.PNG

In addition, I suggest that you delete all items in List B directly, and then use this Flow again to synchronize the existing items in List A.

Because the best way to filter items is to use ID, but the ID is not in order, you may see that the ID of the hundredth item are not equal to 100.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

MrtnM

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 234 members 5,211 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: