cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Another_IT_guy3

deleteing events between two outlook 365 instances.

Hi all,]

I'm a noob at this so please bear with and be gentle :).

I'm setting up a flow to help sync two office 365 calendars.  I have two mailboxes across two office 365 tenants and wish to set up sync'd calendar invites so it updates free / busy time in my secondary calendar from my primary.

So far I can create a new outlook event in my secondary calendar using:

(Primary Calendar)When event is added, updated or deleted (v2) > Condition:  Action Type = added > (Secondary Calendar) Create Event (v4)

I am now trying to use a similar condition to delete an event and am having problems:

(Primary Calendar)When event is added, updated or deleted (v2) > Condition:  Action Type = deleted > (Secondary Calendar) Delete Event (V2)

BUT this is where I hit a snag, because the calendar ID's are different between the two calendar events so when the trigger fires the event id's do not correlate between the two calendars, there doesn't appear to be anywhere you can put the originator calendar ID for reference.  I've tried looking the calendar event up using a Get Calendar Events, but the only information you seem to get out of the trigger for the deleted event is:

{

"ActionType": "deleted",

"IsAdded": false,

"IsUpdated": false,

"subject": null,

"start": null,

"end": null,

"body": null,

"isHtml": false,

"responseType": "none",

"responseTime": null,

"id": "AAMkADFlNDI5OTMwLTUyOTAtNGVkOS1iNjMyLWM0M2EwZTQ4YzQ4NABGAAAAAAAh-eLWJwP8TIoieodEmYzrBwCbUUD-kneHQrvQZfpim8GUAAAAAA...",

"createdDateTime": null,

"lastModifiedDateTime": null,

"organizer": null,

"timeZone": null,

"seriesMasterId": null,

"categories": null,

"webLink": null,

"requiredAttendees": "",

"optionalAttendees": "",

"resourceAttendees": "",

"location": null,

"importance": "low",

"isAllDay": null,

"recurrence": "none",

"recurrenceEnd": null,

"numberOfOccurences": null,

"reminderMinutesBeforeStart": null,

"isReminderOn": null,

"showAs": "free",

"responseRequested": null

}

So I can't search for the event based on subject, start or end time based on that trigger, so how can I find the event in my Secondary calendar to delete it???  What am I missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bit of outside of the box thinking Christian, but I got it sorted at the time.  Just remembered that I didn't post.

So whilst the ID's are different between the two instances, you can store the original ID into the body of the copy of your appointment, then use a 'Get Calendar view of Events' to search for the original ID, which will find the ID's for meetings in the 2nd Calendar for deletion.  Screenshot below:

Another_IT_guy3_0-1618484081185.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Another_IT_guy3  if the calendar is in other tennat there are no way to get it.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Bit of outside of the box thinking Christian, but I got it sorted at the time.  Just remembered that I didn't post.

So whilst the ID's are different between the two instances, you can store the original ID into the body of the copy of your appointment, then use a 'Get Calendar view of Events' to search for the original ID, which will find the ID's for meetings in the 2nd Calendar for deletion.  Screenshot below:

Another_IT_guy3_0-1618484081185.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (89,524)