cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGrouchyITGuy

do not send an email to an out of office reply

Hi,

I've built a flow to send a reply to every email sent to a specific shared mailbox using the Outlook connectors "When a new email arrives (V3)2 and "Send an email (V2)"

However, we have found on a few occasions that this gets caught into a loop and keeps sending if it encounters an automatic reply such as an out of office as the email from the shared mailbox is seen as a new email so a new OOO is sent.

I've tried to break this circle by adding a condition into the flow that if "Subject" "does not start with " "Automatic Reply:" on the no condition nothing is added while on the yes condition I send the V2 email as shown below:

When an email arrivesWhen an email arrivesafter conditionafter condition

However, I have found that this is still sending the email despite the condition matching. At the moment it's only sending one email but I'm concerned if I can't find a way to stop this email from being sent to any email with the start of the subject line "Automatic Reply:" I'll end up with another mail storm incident in the future.

Can anyone advise me the best way to ensure that no email is sent via the flow to any email with Automatic Reply: at the start of the subject line?

Any advice you may be able to provide will be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Simon,

Testing this in my test environment, I was able to get this to work exactly how you have this set up. My only guess is that the subject is not being formatted the same or there might be a space or something at the beginning of the string. Double check exactly what is coming through as the subject.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Simon,

Testing this in my test environment, I was able to get this to work exactly how you have this set up. My only guess is that the subject is not being formatted the same or there might be a space or something at the beginning of the string. Double check exactly what is coming through as the subject.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @TheGrouchyITGuy,

can you create a distribution list NoReply@contoso.com with no members and send as this list? It will solve the loop problem completely, as any email delivered to NoReply@contoso.com will just disappear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Hi @alrez 

Thanks for your time, this made me go back and look at the reply and resolve my issue.

Kind regards 

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,968)