Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ufukyzr
Level: Powered On

do until

Hi Everyone,

I have a SharePoint list containing columns as you can see below. 

DateSuggestionBy Whom To WhomAttachements
06.03.2018This is a trial.  file.xls
07.03.2018This is a trial.  file.xls
08.03.2018This is a trial.  file.xls
09.03.2018This is a trial.  file.xls
10.03.2018This is a trial.  file.xls
11.03.2018This is a trial.  file.xls

I have also created a flow triggered by when the new item is created for that list. It just sends an email with options to the person in "to whom" column". 

Adsız.png

What I would like to do is that when a new item is created in the list, do not send the "email with options" until e-mail address is entered to the "to whom" column.

Your help would be considerably appreciated. 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: do until

Hi @ufukyzr,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Have you solved your problem?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:15.JPG

Note: The To Whom column is Single line of text type column in my SharePoint list.

I think it is not necessary to change the trigger on your side, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Adddress and List Name.
  • Add a "Do Until" action, within Condition box, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@not(empty(body('Get_item')?['To_x0020_Whom']))

Click "Change limits", Count property set to empty (default value is 60). You could also set the timeout of the "Do Until" action within Timeout property.

• Within "Do Until" action, add a "Get item" action, specify Site Address and List Name. If field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Under "Do Until" action, add a "Get item 2" action,  specify Site Address and List Name. If field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Send an email" action, To field set to To Whom dynamic content of "Get item 2" action.

Image reference:16.JPG

17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:18.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @ufukyzr,

I think a condition which will check if the to whom column is empty or not is what you're looking for. Did you try adding a condition?

- Daniel

ufukyzr

Hi @Laskewitz,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried adding the condition but the result was not as bright as I expected. But still your answer gave me insight to look to the problem other way around. Thanks for that. Smiley Happy

I have changed the trigger and for now ,I can say, it works fine with the final touch.

Ufuk

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ufukyzr,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Have you solved your problem?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:15.JPG

Note: The To Whom column is Single line of text type column in my SharePoint list.

I think it is not necessary to change the trigger on your side, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Adddress and List Name.
  • Add a "Do Until" action, within Condition box, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@not(empty(body('Get_item')?['To_x0020_Whom']))

Click "Change limits", Count property set to empty (default value is 60). You could also set the timeout of the "Do Until" action within Timeout property.

• Within "Do Until" action, add a "Get item" action, specify Site Address and List Name. If field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Under "Do Until" action, add a "Get item 2" action,  specify Site Address and List Name. If field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Send an email" action, To field set to To Whom dynamic content of "Get item 2" action.

Image reference:16.JPG

17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:18.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ufukyzr

@v-xida-msft

Hi Kris,

That was exactly what I am looking for. Thank you so much for your help and time. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I have just tried the flow I revised with your guidance. There were no failure, runs beautifully. Smiley Happy

Thanks again,

Ufuk Yazar

ufukyzr

@v-xida-msft

Hi Kris,

Trust you are all well.

One more thing I would like to as you if you don't mind.

I have also created a flow: when a new item is created, send an email to the "to whom" guy on the list. 

However, sometimes we need to change the "to whom" guy, in other words, the responsible one with someone else. Since the flow only emails when a new item is created, it can not email to the person modified later.

I have tried to use the "When existing item is modified" trigger but the problem is that every time we change something on the list, it will send an email to the responsible guy and it sounds really annoying.

Can you help me on this one, please? 

Best regards,

Ufuk Yazar 

@ufukyzrwrote:

@v-xida-msft

Hi Kris,

That was exactly what I am looking for. Thank you so much for your help and time. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I have just tried the flow I revised with your guidance. There were no failure, runs beautifully. Smiley Happy

Thanks again,

Ufuk Yazar

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 178 members 4,733 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: