cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracy3688
Helper I
Helper I

double approval email issue

I have problem with power auotmate. i created the flow to trigger approval email as follows. when status change with condition match, it will trigger start approval wf. however, the user receive double approval emails to the same item. how to rectify it. I am unable remove apply to each condition. as this is automate when i select if response condition.

tracy3688_0-1605601416957.png

the following is the expend of apply to each.

tracy3688_1-1605601584563.png

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @tracy3688 ,

if the user receives multiple approval tasks for the same item, it means the 'Start and wait for an approval' action runs multiple times. Probably because of the trigger 'On update' and that you're doing an update automatically after task is approved. Document updated -> flow start -> assign task -> task completed -> document updated -> flow start -> ...

In the 'Update file properties', do you update also the 'PMS Status' to a different value than 'Submit to Main Reviewer'? That should send the flow to the 'No' branch and do nothing.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

i set if approval status = approve, then will have flow to sharepoint update properties and change pms status value to Submit to final reviewer.

For the start approval wf when status change to submit to Main reviewer, the approval email setting as follows. do i need to change any setting?

tracy3688_0-1605604161961.png

tracy3688
Helper I
Helper I

It seem happen when I combine 2 condition workflow. If I split the workflow, not duplicate email. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,317)