cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

due date needs to be on workdays only

Hellimage.pngo all,

I'm building a flow that creates a Planner task. User has 5 workdays to complete the task. So, therefor the due date most always be a workday. 

Who can help me with this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes! I think I worked it out.

Used this: 

if(or(equals(dayofweek(utcNow()),4),equals(dayofweek(utcNow()),5)),addDays(utcNow(),5),addDays(utcNow(),7))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MargeNL,

If is the due date always 5 days? If it always 5 days, you can add two more days at the End date field.

If it not always 5 days, you can judge the start date whether is Thursday or Friday by using the dayOfWeek() function, if it is, add two more days, if not, no need to add.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. Sometimes things are so simpel!

Hold on.

I get the two extra days in case of 5 workdays.

How do I use the dayOfWeek function in case of 3 workdays?

Thanks for your patience.

Hi @MargeNL,

If the due date is 3 workdays, you can also judge the start day whether is Thursday or Friday.

If it is, End date = Start Date + 5 days.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, I understand that.

What I would like to learn/know is how to have the Flow Judge whether the start day is a Thursday or Friday.

Yes! I think I worked it out.

Used this: 

if(or(equals(dayofweek(utcNow()),4),equals(dayofweek(utcNow()),5)),addDays(utcNow(),5),addDays(utcNow(),7))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,251)