Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ching
Level: Powered On

duplicate emails

Hi all!

I am building my Flow, where I use a form that links to an excel document that the Flow pulls information from. Some problems I have been facing:

a. I have the flow set to run once a day, I understand that as of right now there is no trigger that can push the Flow when a new row is created. Instead, I set a condition that when a column is empty, the Flow should send out emails. Once the email has been sent to that particular person, the Flow will update that specific row and the column will be filled. I created that condition so that if the Flow ran again if the column was filled, they would not get the string of emails. All in all, emails that should not be getting the emails get the emails.

b. Also, all of the email addresses that we are emailing are getting 5 or 6 duplicate emails in the same Flow run.

Thanks for the help!!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: duplicate emails

Hi @ching,

Can you please post screenshots of your Flow configuration so we can try to replicate your issue and hopefully come up with a solution?

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ching

Hi Fausto,

Yes! 

Here is my Flow:

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 11.34.14 PM.png

Super User
Super User

Hi @ching,

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I have a couple of questions: first, what is the name of the column you are using in the condition? Is it Email Sent or something similar? In the If yes step, I see you have 2 send email actions. Do you really need both or is it for testing? Also, can you please provide some info about the columns in your Excel document so I can create a more accurate scenario for you?

Thanks,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ching

Hi,

Yes, I am using an Email Sent as the condition column, I am not sure what to use for the middle section of the condition ( ie contains, does not equal to). There are two emails that need to be sent out, usually, I would put a delay of two days between the two emails. Yes, I will attach an excel screenshot.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 11.49.43 AM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 297 members 5,023 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: