Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MP001
Level: Powered On

dynamic excel to sharepoint

Trying to achieve:

Upload a xls in SP document library and loop through rows and insert each row in SP list. 

I know it is currently impossible to do it dynamic. I am using "List rows present in a table". But you can't put in filename/content dynamically.  (can't use OneDrive, seems to work there tho. But sadly not an option)

There for my though was use always the same xls file in the document library so I can do the above fixed.

However when I tried to overwrite this xls file I get an 423 locked by myself error. 😞

So that is also not an option.

Are there any other ways to get data to sp list from excel after a excel file upload?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: dynamic excel to sharepoint

Use the Graph API to read your excel fiel. It is also a lot quicker than using the connector:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/10/17/microsoft-flow-read-large-excel-files-within-seconds-without-creat...

MP001

sounds good!!  However I don't have access to do this at my company 😕

attitude08980

Hi All,

I don't know if that is the solution, but at least I had that problem "423". At first I had the file only "on-line" in SharePoint and also I tried on OneDrive. But those folders wasn't sync with my PC. 

I tried in one SharePoint Folder sync with my computer and the same Flow works, then I sync the folder where it was the original file and works too.

Hope help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,748)