Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP001
Advocate III
Advocate III

dynamic excel to sharepoint

Trying to achieve:

Upload a xls in SP document library and loop through rows and insert each row in SP list. 

I know it is currently impossible to do it dynamic. I am using "List rows present in a table". But you can't put in filename/content dynamically.  (can't use OneDrive, seems to work there tho. But sadly not an option)

There for my though was use always the same xls file in the document library so I can do the above fixed.

However when I tried to overwrite this xls file I get an 423 locked by myself error. 😞

So that is also not an option.

Are there any other ways to get data to sp list from excel after a excel file upload?

3 REPLIES 3

Use the Graph API to read your excel fiel. It is also a lot quicker than using the connector:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/10/17/microsoft-flow-read-large-excel-files-within-seconds-without-creat...

sounds good!!  However I don't have access to do this at my company 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I don't know if that is the solution, but at least I had that problem "423". At first I had the file only "on-line" in SharePoint and also I tried on OneDrive. But those folders wasn't sync with my PC. 

I tried in one SharePoint Folder sync with my computer and the same Flow works, then I sync the folder where it was the original file and works too.

Hope help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (67,252)