cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

dynamic list as user input choices

Any thoughts on constructing a flow to display the contents of a dynamic list read from excel or SQL and using it as user input selections ie client -> project -> task

7 REPLIES 7
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please show a bit more about the Dynamic list that you mentioned? Is it a SharePoint list?

I assume that the Dynamic list that you mentioned is a SharePoint list, I think the "Get items" action of SharePoint connector could achieve your needs.

If the Dynamic list is a SharePoint list, you could consider extract data from the Excel table or the SQL table and store them in your Dynamic list (SharePoint list) which has been defined within your SharePoint firstly. Then use the "Get items" action of SharePoint connector to get items from the Dynamic list.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

You could use the output of the "Get items" action as the input selection within next step.

If you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kris - appreciate the workaround. 

Ultimately what I would like to do is use the dynamic list  in my trigger.  I use a manual trigger and request user input through the use of radio buttons.  The configuration for the radio buttons appears to be fixed to the static tags that I enter in the trigger configuration for use input I am looking to make the drop-down list of options to be the dynamic list.  I am looking to read a dynamic list of projects from excel (which I have done) and allow the user to select the project when the flow is triggered. I am trying to populate the drop down list of options with the items in the dynamic list.

JohnYarbi

+1 for this idea. I want to create a button for tracking time, but when the user presses the button, it should generate a dynamic input drop down list containing the tickets or projects or whatever he/she needs to track time against. The list could be generated from any data source, such as an array variable, a JSON response, a Sharepoint list, or an Excel table for example.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto!  I want to have, within my trigger, a dropdown that pulls from a list of clients.  I need the user to pick a client name from that dropdown and then input the hours they worked on that client.  I can't seem to figure out how to make the dropdown list in the trigger be tied to my sharepoint list of clients.  Grrrr! Any help would be appreciated.  Perhaps I am going about this process in the wrong manner?

rjhale
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I would also be very interested in knowing if anyone has found a solution to your question?  Having dynamic inputs would make our manual triggered flows significantly more useful.  

I would love to know the answer to this too. I'd like to have the user trigger the Flow with a button, then choose from a dynamically populated drop down list. This drop down could be done using "Post a choice of options as the Flow bot to a user". Are there any other suggestions for how this could be achieved?

Same Thing here. The documentation on the dynamic lists is "lacking" if I am being polite, and not having this additional information from Microsoft is really reducing the value of my triggers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,542)