cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

email from excell not piking up text in certain cells

I am using the trigger "for a selected row" for excell, and sending an email via outlook.  When the email comes through it is not including some of the text from the column headers that were chosen.. Any ideas as to why

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@josh2  could you share us an screanshot?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

@ChristianAbata  yes see below for a screen shot of my excel file and flowflow 1.PNGflow 2.PNG

Highlighted

also this is how the email is coming in

flow 3.PNG

Highlighted

I figured out what the issue was, it seems as though flow doesn't recognize columns that have spaces, or icons ie: @,!_-:  once I got rid of these and cleaned up the column titles the text was brought into the output of the html to text action.

One thing I am having an issue with right now is formatting how the email comes through I format it in the html-text action but it does not output that when the email arrives in my inbox. is there an action that allows one to format the overall look of the email for when it lands in someones inbox?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,819)