Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KIBANG
Helper II
Helper II

email notifications when creating or modifying a sharepoint list

Hello All,

I have created a meeting request form (SharePoint list) and created flows that generate emails with the meeting details in the meeting body when a user fills out and submits a request. This also triggers a notification to our teams channel. I have also included a link at the bottom to modify the meeting details if needed, which also triggers a notification to our teams channel. This all works the way it is supposed to. It was triggering both flows (create and modify) so I created a condition where if the meeting ID was not new, it would trigger the modification flow. 

The problem I am having is if the user decides to modify their meeting a second time. The modification flow triggers but it goes to cancelled because the condition still applies (meeting ID is not new). I am not sure how to address this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached a screenshot for reference.

email notification with select and join final.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gopala,

Thank you so much. I just changed the condition to 'is not equal to' instead, so that it would trigger when a list was modified. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@KIBANG 

Please try using the condition 

Gopala_Krishna_0-1617157579762.png

This would evaluate to check if the item creation date is equal to the modification date, this means that the item has been created and it has not been modified yet, once the item is modified then the condition will go to false indicating that the item has been modified after creation.

You can use this to restrict the flow from getting triggered for creation and trigger only for modification.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

Gopala,

Thank you so much. I just changed the condition to 'is not equal to' instead, so that it would trigger when a list was modified. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (88,114)