cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paula
Helper I
Helper I

emails seem to be in a loop

Hi, I am having some issues with trying to get my flow to work correctly any help would be appreciated.

I have been asked to send out information to a number of users so their email addresses and the body of the text will be captured in my sent items, however I have then been asked to send them the same information a week later.

Is there anyway to do this without ending up in a constant loop?

I had based this on my Sent Items with a criteria of 'To' but as the emails generate and send another appears in the sent items therefore creating the loop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paula
Helper I
Helper I

I have solved the issue myself using outlook rules and flow, I have now managed to achieve the result I required.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ Paula,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow?

Could you please share a screenshot of your sharepoint items?

Do you want the items in your sharepoint would only record the email addresses of users and don't want to have the same email addresses in the items?

How would you capture the email addresses and the body of the text from your send items?

Please share more details so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hi @v-yuazh-msft 

Please see below screenshot of my flow

Flow.JPG

Im not currently putting this through SharePoint. 

- I have used MS Forms to capture the relevant information from the users

- I then email them the relevant information from Publisher/Excel Extract from forms

- This puts the email into my sent box

- I then need to send each of these users an email 1 month later 

I hope this helps to explain it better, if you need anymore information please let me know.

Thanks
Paula

Hi @ Paula,

The trigger would always be fired when you send an email whether you send the email for first time or for reply.

I afraid there is no any way to stop the loop.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hi @v-yuazh-msft is there any other way you can think of that would give me the same result? if I need to change this I can.

Paula
Helper I
Helper I

I have solved the issue myself using outlook rules and flow, I have now managed to achieve the result I required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,162)