cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

emails

I have a group of students - say 35. I would like to give them an assignment and have them submit the files back to me.

After the due date, I would like to automatically send an email to those students who have NOT submitted the assignment. I will send them the email daily until the the submit, or the new deadline has passed.

For collecting the responses, I am thinking I can use a Form and use the file attachment option. Is this the best approach?

How would I go about using Flow or PowerApps to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Canadiansal ,

Your needs can be achieved by a Schedule Flow, set start time to the due date, and repeat once a day.

In my understanding, there is an office365 group containing all students in your class, and then there is also a PowerApps Form with EditForm control for students to submit their assignment, so when a student submit his assignment, a record will be generated by himself, so we can use get all user that haven't submitted by comparing all students.

Here are the detailed steps:
First of all, Get all Items from SharePoint list and get all Students users from Office365 Group.
Second, initialize two variables, one is for Submitted user, another is for all group users.
Third, add two Apply for each action to append the Email/UPN to two variables
Then, Use Filter Array action to filter out all submitted users from All Group Users, so only remain Users who haven't submitted the assignment.
Last, Use Join action to concat the array into a string by semicolon, and send Email to all these users.
The flow steps are for your reference:

Snipaste_2020-11-11_17-54-42.pngSnipaste_2020-11-11_17-54-59.pngSnipaste_2020-11-12_10-16-00.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Canadiansal ,

Your needs can be achieved by a Schedule Flow, set start time to the due date, and repeat once a day.

In my understanding, there is an office365 group containing all students in your class, and then there is also a PowerApps Form with EditForm control for students to submit their assignment, so when a student submit his assignment, a record will be generated by himself, so we can use get all user that haven't submitted by comparing all students.

Here are the detailed steps:
First of all, Get all Items from SharePoint list and get all Students users from Office365 Group.
Second, initialize two variables, one is for Submitted user, another is for all group users.
Third, add two Apply for each action to append the Email/UPN to two variables
Then, Use Filter Array action to filter out all submitted users from All Group Users, so only remain Users who haven't submitted the assignment.
Last, Use Join action to concat the array into a string by semicolon, and send Email to all these users.
The flow steps are for your reference:

Snipaste_2020-11-11_17-54-42.pngSnipaste_2020-11-11_17-54-59.pngSnipaste_2020-11-12_10-16-00.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you. I will try these steps. I just wanted to clarify that I was planning to use MS Forms - like a survey tool to collect the responses. I intend to make one question so that they can upload a file in the response. I am assuming that I can then store this in a Sharepoint list. Do you think the above approach is best?

I am not sure about how to initialize the variables you mentioned  - I guess I will try it and see what happens.

Hi @Canadiansal ,

MS Forms is also a great tool for submission. If you want this, instead of a PowerApps form, you need to create another flow to save each MS form response to SharePoint list. Here is a template flow for this scenario: Record form responses in SharePoint 

Then use the flow I proposed above to achieve your needs.

Sik

I cannot find the "Submitted Users" option you have in the picture. Here is what I am doing:

Canadiansal_1-1605490913732.png

Canadiansal_0-1605490872349.png

Hi @Canadiansal ,

Actually, it's 'initialize the variable' action, which is used to create a Array variable, and I just renamed its name to Submitted Users, the same as All Grouped Users.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you. I have seen a few users answers some of these questions with detailed videos  - would this be a possibility? I am working through the steps you provided in any case.

Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

Hello, I have gotten this far - stuck at the email step. How do I select the recipients?

Canadiansal_0-1605665429247.pngCanadiansal_1-1605665480061.png

Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

And my Apply to Each does not look like yours:

Canadiansal_2-1605666112003.png

Hi @Canadiansal ,

Put the Output from Join steps into Recipients field.

Sik

ElinaSen
Helper V
Helper V

All-in-one ZOOK Email Backup Software to download emails from 85+ online email services to 30+ saving options to transfer emails from email account.It is the best solution to take backup of emails from online email accounts and backup emails into 30+ saving options.t offers to export emails from email account to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, EMLX, CSV, PDF, ZIP, DOCX, MHT, RTF, Windows Live Mail, Lotus Notes, Thunderbird, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, G Suite, Exchange Server, IMAP, Zimbra, Rediffmail, IBM Verse, Amazon WorkMail, IceWarp, etc.Supports all Windows OS i.e. Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc.

To know more visit at:- https://www.zooksoftware.com/email/backup/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,826)